STAX – The Place to Get It
Books, tools, laptops and uniforms - Stax has everything you need to be a Lake Area Tech student. Located in the main hub of the Student Center, Stax also offers easy access to last minute "extras" - stamps, snacks, LATI spirit-wear, cards, gifts, and much more!
Just ask - we're here to help! 1-605-882-5284 Ext. 242
Stax is open Monday-Friday from 7:00-5:00.
We accept cash, checks, Campus Cash or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover). We will check your I.D. *Payment is required at time of purchase. If charging to Voc Rehab, Vet Rehab, WIA, or other governmental agency, you must provide written authorization. Absolutely NO personal charges for textbooks, supplies or tools.
Looking for more info on our laptop lease to own program?
WHAT'S GOING ON?
STAX is Student Activities headquarters. Check with us for sign-up sheets and the latest on trips, intramural games and all school events. Also - ask about our growing number of student clubs and organizations.
STAX Return Policy:
- Do NOT write in your books if you plan on returning them. A marked book is a USED book!
- Books purchased in shrink-wrap MUST be returned with the shrink-wrap intact.
- You must have a receipt to return a purchase for a refund.
- Returns must be made within three weeks of the purchase date listed on the receipt.
- Due to health considerations, once uniforms have been delivered to a student, the uniforms cannot be returned.
- Refunds will be paid by check. Purchases made using a credit card will be credited back to the credit card used to make the purchase.
STAX Book Buyback:
- Takes place towards the end of the semester.
- Stax will pay 50% of new book price for re-usable books (books that instructors have requested for the next semester).
- Books are also purchased for a used book company once the Bookstore's needs are met.
- The Bookstore reserves the right to reject any textbook due to book condition, writing in the book, or new editions being released by the publishers.